When comparing real estate brokerages, it can be easy to assume that they are all the same. From our community involvement to our brand’s heritage dating back over 30 years, Charter One Realty has consistently been on the cutting edge of real estate, redefining the way we do business in our market. Our passion for this business has set us apart as a trusted brokerage in the Lowcountry and our market knowledge, negotiation skills, and years of experience have helped our brand grow through local and international markets.
It is our passion that led us here. That same passion inspires us to push boundaries, innovate and differentiate. The pages in the magazine below will identify the points that set our brokerage apart - our passion points. These points, combined with our resources, leadership, and professional service, inspire confidence from our clients. It is why buyers and sellers choose Charter One Realty – not just once, but over and over again.
It sounds great...but what's really in it for me as a seller in the Lowcountry?
We understand that every property is unique and will develop a customized marketing plan that provides the attention and exposure your property deserves. Your property will be expressly positioned to create maximum interest helping to produce the highest possible financial return.
Here's a sample of the comprehensive suite of marketing services you can expect as a client with Charter One Realty:
- Accurate Pricing of Your Hilton Head property - The Comprehensive Home Value Assessment or Comparative Market Analysis (CMA)
- The local Hilton Head, Bluffton, Beaufort, and Lowcountry real estate home selling experts providing you sound real estate advice and above and beyond world-class service
- A deep understanding of the buying habits and needs of out of town as well as local buyers.
- Unique ability to attract local, regional, national and international qualified buyers using the most comprehensive marketing plan
- The most competitive, comprehensive marketing plan for your property – extensive market saturation via the web and traditional advertising methods
- A team of expert service professionals ready at a moments notice to transform your property into the ultimate showplace
- Use of Creative Marketing strategies to position your home for maximum exposure:
- Print advertising including newspaper and magazines
- Multiple internet websites known for their high viewership
- Direct mailers to specific geographic and demographic prospects,
- Real estate market savvy negotiators protecting your investment and your best interests
- Use of effective communication tools to update sellers to preview feedback
- Inter-office agent tour so all Charter One Realty agents develop an intimate knowledge of your property
Equipped with the reach and resources that make a difference, we will position your Lowcountry property in the eyes of buyers on a local, regional, national, and international level. We leave no stone unturned in our quest to deliver superior results for you.
Charter One Realty is the Lowcountry’s only real estate firm with an in-house, full-service Marketing Department, and a Print & Mail Center. Propelled by innovation and decades of experience, our in-house services offer our clients an experience and a product that simply cannot be imitated or duplicated along with collateral material that is undoubtedly some of the finest that you will find in the Lowcountry. With resources ranging from award-winning photographers and videographers to talented marketing professionals, the Charter One Realty marketing team understands what is required to successfully market and promote properties of all price points and to drive sales through polished marketing efforts.
- List your property in the Hilton Head Island or Beaufort Multiple Listing Service with thousands of cooperating agents and brokers
- Direct mail and email property fliers to other top producing agents in and around the Hilton Head, Bluffton, Beaufort, and Lowcountry area
- Professionally designed property fliers using the services of local professional photographers
- Multi-pronged online marketing strategies using many websites, driving hundreds of online visitors to your listing
- Be sure to check out our helpful selling tips.
Did You Know?
Well over 92% of all home buyers begin their home search online. Armed with that knowledge, we will position your Hilton Head, Bluffton, Beaufort or Lowcountry luxury property in the crosshairs of buyers on a local, regional, national and international level. We leave no stone unturned in our quest to deliver superior results for you. To learn more about listing your property with Charter One Realty, contact us today!
Sellers in the Current Market
The current real estate market is, without doubt, one of the most challenging ever faced by sellers. We have a wonderful location, and buyers are still coming to live and vacation here. Price is probably the most important aspect when selling property in the Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, and Beaufort area today. While "location, location, location" used to be at the top of buyers' list, today buyers are putting more emphasis on "price, price, condition." That means that properties priced correctly and in good condition will sell. Property inventories are up in just about all communities, but sales are continuing for those properties priced to sell. Buyers are expecting to get a deal and sellers are having to be more flexible. So how can Charter One Realty help you accomplish your sales objective?
You Deserve Superior Results
Because we take a different, customized approach to market your property, you can and should expect more. Delivering superior results is the way we do business here at Charter One Realty, and more clients turn to us to market their property in the Lowcountry. In preparation for listing your home, villa or homesite on the market, it is recommended you become familiar with these tips.
Compete on a Level Playing Field
Remember, competition is fierce, so make sure your home is ready for the market. Buyers expect a property that is in move-in condition so be prepared to offer a property that is in mint condition.
- Immaculate curb appeal is a MUST! First impressions are everything.
- Mow, cut, trim, and create an inviting entrance to your property
- Boats, jet skis and other items parked on the property should be removed and placed temporarily at a different location (storage facility)
- Power wash the sidewalk, driveway and exterior of the home
- Add a splash of color with blooming plants
- Freshen up mulch/pine straw
- Touchup paint should be applied where needed
- Complete a thorough cleaning. If in doubt, use the “white-glove” test
- Consider using our experienced Home Staging Team to create the appearance of maximum space and superior flow.
- Don’t allow a bad smell to derail a sale. Bake some cookies; add a centerpiece of fresh flowers.
- Attack counter space in the kitchen and baths removing clutter
- Organize closets for maximum storage capability
- Depersonalize the home removing family photos, collectibles and other personal items that distract a buyer.
- The object is to remove any obstacles to helping a buyer see themselves living in your home.
- Kennel your pets while your home is on the market. Not everyone is a pet lover.
By tackling these items, you will be well on your way to making your home ready for the Lowcountry real estate market. For a complete pre-listing review, contact us today and we will schedule this important evaluation at your earliest convenience.
Selling Q&A: Home Seller Questions
Q: There are many real estate firms in the Lowcountry. What makes Charter One Realty different from the rest of the firms, and why should I use your team to sell my home?
A: Great question and we are so glad you asked! Frankly, everyone pretty much has the same message – “We have experience – we have buyers – we have integrity – we have”…you fill in the blank. First, as a consumer, you should expect every Lowcountry real estate firm to be professional, honest, and have experience. That’s a bar every Hilton Head, Bluffton and Beaufort area real estate firm should be able to attain. So what really set’s Charter One Realty apart from our competitors?
Plain and simple - our “Can Do Attitude” is what separates us from the competition. We go well beyond what typical agencies do to market your property. If your home needs minor repair work, we have trusted, well-qualified service partners who will make those tedious repairs for you. Besides, it’s in your best interest to have every appliance, and system in your home in superior working order. Today’s Hilton Head home buyers desire to purchase a home in mint condition. Because so many Hilton Head, Bluffton and Beaufort home sellers are absentee owners, it just makes good sense to offer these services to our out of town homeowners. In addition, we have a team of experienced, successful home staggers who know how to de-clutter, de-personalize and make recommendations to help your luxury home sell for more money and sell it in a timely manner. Our service menu is based on your unique set of needs. If you have a need, we have the solution!
Q: Ok –so you have a team of partners to ensure my home is in tip-top shape and ready to sell. How are you going to effectively market my property?
A: Because every Hilton Head Island, Bluffton and Beaufort home is unique, we create a custom marketing plan for every home we sell. We implement the basic marketing concepts used by all agencies in the Lowcountry, however, there are several “exclusive” strategies we use to effectively market your home. For a complete review of your Marketing Plan, contact our office today for your complimentary copy.
Q: Why do some Hilton Head, Bluffton or Beaufort properties linger on the market for months while others sell quickly? Our real estate market seems to be inconsistent.
A: This much we know, the number of days a property remains on the market is often determined by these factors; price, location, condition, and motivation of the seller. Too often, properties stay on the market too long due to inaccurate pricing. If priced too high, momentum is lost in the first few weeks a property is listed on the market. It’s during this period when excitement is high and the “New Listing” factor is the strongest. If the property is “viewed” as overpriced by local Realtors, the property will inherit a “bad reputation” in the eyes of agents in the Lowcountry and showings will become few and far between. Even more harmful, reversing that mindset can be challenging if the property remains overpriced for an extended period of time. This is why accurate pricing of your property is so critical.
Fill out the form below for your free home evaluation:
*Your information will never be shared with any third party.