One of the most important aspects of a home is an updated kitchen. More than ever, buyers are looking for homes with updated and even “smart” kitchens. If you’re selling a home or villa in Hilton Head or Bluffton, below are a few easy kitchen updates that buyers are guaranteed to love.
- Paint an unused cabinet surface with chalkboard paint. Spice up a wooden cabinet surface with a little chalkboard paint to make the surface ready for grocery lists or family to-do lists.
- Paint cabinets an accent color. Cabinets don’t have to be white or brown. Blues, greys, and shades of green are perfect for a Lowcountry kitchen.
- Add new hardware to your cabinets. A decorative pull can add sophistication or a little style to your kitchen.
- Keep a kitchen herb garden on a window sill. Many big-box and hardware stores sell kitchen herb planters – just add the plant, and you’re set.
- Install a pull-out shelf. These are especially popular for the space underneath your kitchen sink, but they can also be used to make it easier to reach distant pots and pans in your bigger cabinets. They are also wonderful additions to a kitchen pantry.
- Add shelves for more storage space. Need more space, and have some open walls? Get some sturdy shelves and brackets. Stack your plates and glassware on them so they’re handy.
- Install a water purification system under your sink. Have hard water? Install a purification system right under your sink and get rid of all those plastic water bottles.
- Get a kitchen cart. Tapped for storage, but don’t want to install right into the wall? A kitchen cart doubles as preparation surface and storage (great for renters!) They’re also highly mobile.
- Buy tiered racks to expand your storage space vertically. A removable rack doesn’t involve any installation and instantly adds two or three more tiers to your cabinet storage.
- Add a backsplash accent. Splurge on high-quality tiles for a small space – easy on the wallet, and the eyes.
Ready to sell? Call Charter One Realty today! We’re happy to help you market your Lowcountry property and find a new one – complete with your dream kitchen!Posted by Paige Rose on
Leave A Comment