Celebrate Earth Day With These Simple Home Tips
Here are a few simple tips that you can do around the house in celebration of Earth Day.
- Go paperless. Switching to paperless delivery can save up to 6 pounds of paper and 23 pounds of wood per household per year!
- Plant shade trees aroun your home. With the shade they provide your home, you could reduce your annual cooling bill. The less energy used to cool your home, the smaller your enviornmental footprint.
- Start a compost pile. Composting is like recycling, but better. To make a compost pile, layer organic material and dirt then mix the ingredients together every few weeks. The result is humus, a rich soil that will improve the overall look and condition of your property.
- Plant a vegetable garden. Turn your yard into a food source. What better way to appreciate the earth than growing and eating your own produce?
- Make your own cleaning solution. Instead of cleaning your home with toxic chemicals, create a cleaner that works just as well using only vinegar, water and baking soda.
- Stop using herbicides. Consider the negative effects of herbicides on beneficial pollinators like bees, butterflies and hummingbirds. A garden hoe and a nice pair of gloves work just as well.
- Talk about environmental protection. Volunteer locally and become part of a growing movement of people willing to do the work necessary to protect the planet.
If you’re interested in selling your property and finding a new piece of the planet to call home, please Call us Today!